I’m hiring one or two more people to join our marketing team. Your role initially will be to research the child custody process for each of the 50 US states (one at a time - it’s a big project), primarily by calling and emailing attorneys, mediators, and other custody experts. You will then write the information you learned into webpages (10+ per state). These webpages are for the general public to read when searching for their state’s child custody process. We already have some information about each state on our website, and we’d like to expand it, as it’s helpful to our current and future customers.
Previous research experience isn’t required. However, you will have to be an excellent writer, who can write in a concise and informative manner, to match our writing style for our website. This job is strictly in English and requires native English proficiency, though you can be living anywhere in the Americas.
We are based in the US, but you will be paid in your local currency at an equivalent of USD $8-9 per hour. For example, if you live in Brazil, your pay would start between 30-33 BRL per hour. Or if you live in Mexico, your pay would start between 160-180 MXN per hour. If you are a US citizen traveling and living abroad, we’d just pay you in USD.
I’d like to hire you if you:
- Have native English skills, both speaking and writing; if English is not your first language, your TOEFL score must be 115+ or your IELTS score must be 8.5+
- Enjoy writing and can write in a concise and informative manner
- Would like to research topics by calling and emailing
- Can stay on task without supervision and work independently
- Live in North or South America
- Want to work from home in a long-term, full-time position
- And we get along; to see the team you’ll be joining, visit our about us page
My company is called Custody X Change. I’ve been working on the business since 2004. We sell an application that creates child custody schedules and parenting plans. It also helps families make difficult decisions post-divorce/separation, and facilities communication between two parents who may not get along very well anymore. All of this reduces a lot of conflict and saves people a ton of money in legal fees.
If you want to help people discover a genuinely helpful product, and join a small, distributed team, then we should talk.
To apply, email me at email@example.com, and:
- Include your resume in PDF format
- Somehow use the word “raspberry” in the subject of your email
- Answer the following 5 questions in your email, in this order:
- Where do you live and what’s your city like? (50-100 words)
- Why are you looking for a remote job? (50-100 words)
- Why will you do well working independently, with limited supervision? (50-100 words)
- What’s your story on how you learned English? And if you didn’t learn it as your first language, what was your TOEFL or IELTS test score? (50-100 words)
- What do you think about the starting salary? (50-100 words)
Note: agencies need not apply; I’m looking for an employee to join our team.
P.S. I want you to be happy working for me. I’ll pay you a good salary and you can work normal hours. I care about results, not bureaucracy.