~$30 per hour, ~20 hours per week.
Our team is 100% remote and distributed across the world. We have team members in Australia, the US, Canada, Thailand, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Turkey, Nigeria, South Africa, the UK, and Romania. It doesn't matter where you live or what time zone you're in.
Your main responsibility will be to create video tutorials to accompany our website's documentation and blog. Ideal candidates will also have experience with WordPress and software development.
Flexibility & Remote Work
These days pretty much every software company is remote, but we've been doing this for over a decade. We don't use Slack, we don't have meetings, and we're never going to ask you to Zoom into some bizarre and awkward social hour during your off-hours. This job will not leak into your personal life like so many other remote positions that blur the lines between work and home.
We are a small team but we try to give everyone as much flexibility as possible. Flexibility means that you can work in the morning, or the evening, or both, or in the middle of the night, or whatever. It means you can take two weeks off to go on a trip. It means you can wake up and decide you don't feel like working and take the day off without telling anyone. We don't care where or when you work.
Our official time off/vacation policy is:
- Update the availability calendar if you are not available to work for more than 2 days in a row.
- Let your manager know if you will not be able to meet your agreed-upon hours per week or if you will not be able to deliver something on time.
- Record and edit videos on assigned topics.
- Write a tight video outline that includes only what is necessary.
- Prepare graphic assets and mock data.
- Learn how our products work and how our customers use them.
The only thing we really care about is the ability to create extremely high-quality videos. The more of these boxes you can tick the better, in descending order of importance:
- Minimum availability of 20 hours per week.
- Flawless spoken English, accents are ok.
- Able to explain complicated, technical topics in simple terms.
- Fast and hands-on learner. Able to quickly become familiar with our products and learn new things about WordPress, PHP, and related technologies.