ABOUT THE JOB
As a Technical Lead, your day-to-day includes working closely with clients and project managers; leading project teams of developers; defining project development activities and technical solutions, and being a resource for your peers. You will be hands-on developing and maintaining sites while keeping your team accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Director of Engineering.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of WordPress sites, talking directly with clients about their technical challenges and business needs.
- Owning the project team’s overall technical approach, defining project tasks, and being a point of continuity.
- Providing architectural vision that helps your developers guide their implementation decisions.
- Answering questions from and providing mentorship to others on your team.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of WordPress development experience, including writing custom plugins and themes.
- Have experience consulting with clients in an agency setting - planning, documenting, and presenting technical solutions.
- Have impeccable writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce and present comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Are experienced partnering with project management to delegate technical tasks, manage change, and surface potential project issues.
- Have a passion for modern development tools and methods, and for the web and open source development.
- Demonstrate inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. We’ll only contact those candidates that we feel are a good match. Sorry. That’s just the way it goes.
We've done our best to describe the company, our customers and the role. But hey, we're not perfect, so if anything here is unclear, include any questions you might have in your cover letter.
I think that's it.
If you're awesome, we want to hear from you!