We're running an Online Hiring Tournament on July 7th to hire VPs of Software Engineering (USD $200K/yr).
This event will include all testing for the role. Upon grading the deliverables from the event, we will set up qualified candidates with an interview with the hiring manager. This is a 100% remote, full-time role.
The VP of Engineering will report to the SVP and will serve as a vital member of the global executive team of an affiliated ESW Capital company, and be responsible for quarterly high-quality product delivery. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to run an engineering organization using revolutionary and radically differentiated processes with a focus on great global teams, productivity, factory-like methods, and achieving quantifiable business impact. You will be expected to drive higher levels of value and productivity from your engineering organization than most companies would expect to achieve. You must build, develop and engage a team from a global talent pool and in so doing ensure the teams effectively and efficiently solve some of the most challenging software problems with engineers distributed around the globe. You will leverage your technical depth as a former developer and architect to set a personal standard for Computer Science excellence, and push your teams to maintain your talent base.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or Ph.D. preferred) is absolutely mandatory.
- Spent at least 8 years in hands-on C++, Java or .NET architecture and programming in a hands-on, development-intensive individual contributor role
- You should have managed teams of more than 50 contributors and have hired and led at least 5 other managers for a minimum of 5 years
- 15+ years of engineering experience leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies — this is a global leadership role for a seasoned software development leader, not a first executive role for a great software development manager
- Experience in Software Engineering focused instead of product management
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best engineering practices
- Recent experience with DevOps, CICD, and Cloud architecture. We live in the Cloud.
- Experience with high-end enterprise systems deployed in environments of Global 100 corporation complexity