We are looking for someone who lives and breathes design and is passionate about using his/her design superpowers for social change. You’ll be joining Exygy’s design team to work on diverse, impactful projects in the tech for good space. Your mastery of color, typography, and design theory will be instrumental in creating elegant UI, visual solutions, and assets across web and mobile experiences.
- Work collaboratively with Exygy’s design team to create sophisticated user interfaces. Your inspired visual direction will create the standard for Exygy’s work.
- Create design mockups, icons, style guides, and other production assets (including templates and components: ie buttons, dialogs, menus).
- Create engaging designs that successfully articulate the vision, goals, and identity of a project.
- Contribute to solving design challenges based on the functional requirements, within budget and project timeline.
- Work with teams to design interactive components and navigation systems that deliver top-quality experiences.
- Solicit and apply appropriate feedback from project team members relating to design and implementation.
- Demonstrate best practices, thoroughness, and a high level of critical thinking during the QA process to work with developers to check what is built against what you designed.
Candidate Profile & Experience
- Proven skill and experience designing a product from start to finish: developing and collaborating on concepts, branding, crafting user-centric wireframes and intuitive UI, working with engineers, and delivering a visually stunning, polished product.
- Must have an online portfolio which demonstrates top-tier excellence in UI design across multiple verticals and platforms (mobile/web/desktop).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of hands-on professional experience as a Visual Designer or equivalent experience required.
- Possess an excellent eye for detail, with a focus on both the macro and micro levels.
- Strong collaboration abilities, along with a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams: mindful, proactive, share ideas, be a good listener, able to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and justify creative vision.
- Ability to work independently, manage time wisely, multi-task, project plan, switch contexts, and keep your team up-to-date.
- Comfortable working within an Agile development process.
- Experience producing high-quality visual designs — from concept to execution — for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (design documentation, including icons, graphics, marketing materials, visual style guides, UI patterns, and mood boards).
- Comprehensive knowledge of design principles, color theory, typography.
- Understanding of interactions across platforms.
- Ability to create the elements of a design system including icons, color palettes and components using Sketch.
- Experience demonstrating interactions and workflows of applications using Invision to prototype.