WHO WE ARE:
Tealium is the trusted leader in the customer data industry. We believe unified customer data is an organization’s most valuable asset and greatest competitive advantage. We help brands seamlessly unify their siloed customer data and applications in real time, and drive more profitable interactions across all touchpoints. Tealium’s Customer Data Hub (CDH) enables you to connect your data so you can connect with your customers.
Founded in 2008, Tealium’s patented and award-winning solutions are used by over 1,000 of the world's most innovative brands, including Sony, T-Mobile, Hulu, Uber, Facebook, Expedia, Hyatt, American Airlines, The Gap, Orange, and many others.
Now we are opening an R&D center in Minsk and invite you to join!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Site Reliability Engineer to join our team of network, cloud and site reliability engineers in Europe/EMEA. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of experience among focussing on database and datastore reliability. You will be helping Tealium process Billions of transactions per day using our modern AWS based technology stack which continues to evolve regularly with new infrastructure, tools and services. The position will report to the Manager - SRE EMEA.
- To be a member of rotating on-call team for 11PM-7AM PST (9AM to 5PM Belarus) time period.
- Subject matter expert in AWS databases and datastores (S3, Redshift, Aurora, Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, etc).
- Proactively research potential problems before they arise.
- Work closely with Manager and team on opportunities for monitoring, alerting and trending improvements as well as runbook and troubleshooting documentation.
- Look for opportunities to improve application logging and exception handling.
- Maintain and expand strong cross-functional relationships with.
- Customer Success and Product Management teams.
- Manage incidents and implement changes following Tealiums Agile/ITIL processes.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT:
- You have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- You bring at least 5 years experience in SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, MySQL, Mongo).
- You bring at least 5 years experience with linux based AWS (>10 services).
- You have strong time management, organizational, oral and verbal skills required.
- You are able to articulate technical challenges and proposed solutions in a succinct, clear manner for all organizational levels.
- You are experienced and skilled in working with sophisticated AWS services and systems running at scale (millions to billions of transactions per day). (EC2/ALB, EKS/Kubernetes, AWS CLI).
- You have strong experience with database migrations and upgrades.
- You are able to collaborate with US counterparts on incidents, changes and troubleshooting.
- You are a life long learner, you have strong attention to detail and aptitude for data driven questioning.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium and our Customer Data Hub (CDH) makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity. Organizations from start-ups to large global enterprises are utilizing Tealium to unify their customer data in real time and drive improvements in their overall data strategy. Over 1,000 global brands trust Tealium, and in an increasingly noisy market we are proud to maintain best-in-class renewal rates of >90%. When our customers are happy, we’re happy.
Our office in Minsk is located in a newly erected building, in the very city center. Our location is just one of the many perks we enjoy. At Tealium we enjoy health insurance for the whole family, rich benefit plans - just to name a few. Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with some of the brightest minds in the business. If you are interested in being a part of Teal Team, we’d love to hear from you!