Spiral Scout is a full-service software development company based in San Francisco, with offices in Belarus, Poland, Ukraine, and remote employees all over the globe. Our custom software solutions are used by 168 of the top 200 Forbes Global companies and we have 4.9 out of 5-star ratings on Clutch.co.As a company, we’re proud to actively support and contribute to the open-source software community. Our Spiral Framework, RoadRunner and Cycle ORM are used by millions of people each day. We are looking to build our team with curious, passionate, and intelligent problem-solvers that take ownership of their work and are great teammates to work with. Once you are a part of our team, you’ll enjoy a well-balanced work and life routine through initiatives like our Friyay policy - which provides everyone in the company with alternating paid Friday’s off. Please reach out if you feel your values and work ethic match what we are looking for and you feel excited about growing your career with us.
We are looking for a Senior/Lead Wordpress Engineer to work on multiple WP projects of different complexity.
What you'll do:
- Start new WP projects of the company;
- Support existing clients on WP.
What We'd Like To See:
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience on multiple WordPress projects;
- Project analysis and estimation experience;
- Team lead experience and managing other WordPress engineers;
- Strong knowledge of WordPress back-end and front-end architecture and their interaction;
- Solid knowledge of PHP 7.x+ and day-to-day hands-on development experience;
- Exercise CSS, HTML, SASS/LESS, Git, SQL, npm, Composer;
- Good knowledge of OOP and software design patterns;
- Experience with debugging tools;
- Good knowledge of Git;
- Intermediate English;
- Great communication skills and comfortable working with English speaking clients;
- Must be able to think critically about a client's situation and business and suggest different approaches and be able to explain the pros and cons of each approach.
Nice to have:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms;
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and infrastructure management;
- Experience with e-commerce plugins and other platforms/APIs;
- Experience on other opensource CMSs like Drupal, Shopify.
We Offer Financial Motivation:
- Competitive salary;
- Every other Friday is a paid day off from work;
- Paid job-related courses, conferences, and seminars;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Medical insurance;
- English classes.
We Provide Non-cash Motivation:
- Flexible work hours and work from the place of yours;
- Family atmosphere;
- Different corporate events and team building activities,
- Holiday gifts;
- Company’s care and support in the employee’s professional and personal development;
- Our office is located near the metro not far from the city center.