About the client
Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion.
- Develop back-end for modern cross-platform responsive financial SPA.
- Participate in design and planning discussions, contribute architecture ideas.
- Develop and test new user-facing features.
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and performance.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Knowledge of Agile principles, open-source ecosystem, Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience in OOP and MVC design and development patterns. Good understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- 3+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework.
- Solid understanding of Ruby syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean and readable code.
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful.
- Experience building API's, including authentication, cleanliness, and role-based access permissions.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MySQL, ElasticSearch, CouchBase, Redis, etc.)
- Comfortable with source version control software (Git).
- Knowledge and understanding of server-side architecture best practices.
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking.
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud computing technologies and environments (Amazon Web Services)
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience working in a UNIX environment.
- Familiarity with Angular/React/Vue or similar frontend frameworks.
- Having a Github portfolio or link to open source work.
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Best hardware
- Healthcare & sport benefits
- Challenging tasks and innovative projects
- Meetings and events for professional development
- An individual development plan
- Mentorship program