Test Automation squad is part of the Engineering Productivity domain whose mission is to provide a smart, scalable, and reliable test automation ecosystem.
Our core beliefs:
- Systems that empower humans - in order to reach an Engineering Excellence we empower developers with smart ecosystems and the right UX tooling to complement high testing standards and testing engineering culture.
- Quality assistance - Developers own the quality of their own code, which includes implementing test coverage. Testing isn’t a separate practice, it is intimately part of software development.
- Enablers for developers - TestAuto squad does not write test code, but enables developers to test their own code. We provide the infrastructure, automation, and “scaffolding” (test fixtures, test doubles/mocks) that developers can use to write and run their tests.
- Speed and quality - provide an excellent testing experience for developers that allows them to move fast without breaking things. A balanced test pyramid, built on fast unit tests, provides fast feedback and higher-level end-to-end tests give increasing confidence that the code is working as intended. Automated tests provide the safety net to make code changes with confidence that functionality doesn’t regress.
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside engineers across the full stack (front-end, back-end) and across all engineering teams. The key to success will be building relationships with developers to ensure you understand the challenges they face with making their code testable and implementing test coverage for it and then helping them solve that.
Example initiatives you will support / lead:
- Build Test Control System which manages test efficiency, performance, and debugability.
- Work with developers to promote good testing practices, help socialize, and adopt them. Build an ecosystem to drive the right shape for the test pyramid (more unit testing).
- Fast Time to Red. A system that provides developers with information about failed tests on PR as soon as possible to boost the development lifecycle.
We value people who are passionate about testing, eager and willing to tackle any problem no matter how hard it may seem and thrive on working closely and collaboratively with developers.
- Developing software with Python (3-5+ years)
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines (using Jenkins for example) and test automation from scratch (1+ year)
- Experience working with large scale test automation
- Passionate about testing
- Understand how to break software and identify edge cases
- Testing frameworks such as py.test
- JS scripting
- Bash scripting on Linux / Mac