Our customer is a Sweden-based product company who works in energy management and IoT business. They produce their own devices and develop software that allows reducing energy consumption on the planet.
N-iX is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to produce software solutions that are helping to fight global climate change. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
Our solutions enable large real estate owners and enterprises to reduce energy consumption, improve communications, increase security and get control over property remotely through a web browser that monitors and controls the energy network. The products are installed in over 10 000 properties in Sweden, Norway, and other Nordic countries.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Knowledge of Microsoft back-end stacks (e.g. ASP.NET (WebForms, MVC, API), .Net core)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with web servers (e.g. IIS, Nginx) and UI/UX design
- Good knowledge of Software Design Principles & Patterns
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- An analytical mind and great attention to details
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
Would be a plus:
- Experience with embedded development and communication protocols: Xmpp, MBus, Modbus, OPCUa
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka Streams
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes and DevOps skills
- Familiarity with machine learning (ML) workflows
- Flexible hours approach
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- Membership of the IT-BPO club card, loyalty program
- Challenging tasks and projects
- Individual Development Plan
- Personal education budget
- Performance appraisal
- Business trips