Our clients are ambitious US fintech company with a mission to transform the brokerage industry by building a trading community and platform with powerful social features and group data analytics. They differentiate themselves by making investment transparent to the clients and sharing revenues with them, empowering clients by providing institutional level investment tools to mainstream retail investor, and sharing responsibility for investor education.
You will be senior individual contributor for our Engineering Team, the people who will be responsible for developing the product in order to facilitate our long-term vision.
While working within a team in an Agile environment, you will be:
- Designing high quality applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Estimating, tasking and prototyping
- Contributing clear and maintainable code to a shared codebase
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation
- Investigating, learning and applying new technologies and processes
- Clarifying requirements with team and client representatives
- 6+ years of enterprise Java development
- Full-stack experience focusing on “Middle Tier” portion of the application
- API design, API integration experience. Experience with Web Sockets, REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL, data modeling
- Proven experience designing and developing complex applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- English language competency
- Ability to overlap at least 4 hours per day with the US east coast working day
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent education/experience) from a leading Belarusian university
- Experience with user and data authentication services
- Exposure to and interest in Agile approaches to software development e.g. automated testing, continuous integration, project rooms, pair programming, etc.
- Automated build, test and deployment tools
Work setup: work from home, MFA access to infrastructure
Compensation of up to 6000 USD per month depending on experience and seniority