Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
Joining us as a C++ Developer, you'll play a key role in developing software/tech for complex navigation infotainment applications for cars. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of enhancing and developing core and essential components of current and future implementations of navigation applications here at Mapbox.
As a Software Engineer at Mapbox team, you will be responsible for the product development for navigation applications for automotive. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
- Designing and implementing new features;
- Creating and integrating core components and ecosystem parts for usage on embedded devices;
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power embedded hardware devices;
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
- Experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard libraries;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Linux (different flavors) specific libs and experience developing for embedded devices
- Experience with complex integration, utilizing multiple SDKs
- Experience working with graphics, C++ UI frameworks, QT.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary forMapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems andopportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this throughsupportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life,and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with thetools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people ofall backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply