Spiral Scout is a growing, full-service digital agency located in San Francisco and Belarus that focuses on design, development and marketing services for clients around the United States. Our main development office is in Minsk. Our software team is only as strong as the people we hire and train.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to work on the manual testing activities around several projects in the Support Team.
If you are interested in working on challenging projects that will boost your skills, have a smart and professional team, enjoy amazing benefits, get every other Friday off from work (see below) and be able to shape the QA efforts of a fast-growing company and our clients, let's talk.
What You'll Do:
- Manual testing activities on the projects that are currently in the pipeline as well as projects that will arrive to the team for maintenance;
- Close cooperation with the dev team and the clients;
- Participation in planning and control of the ongoing activities;
- Analysis of the requirements, preparing specifications (rare cases) with the help of the QA Lead;
- Test documentation development (check-lists, test-cases);
- Reports and closure activities.
What We'd Like To See:
- 1+years of practical experience in QA;
- Upper-Intermediate level of English;
- Good theoretical knowledge about testing approaches, techniques and levels;
- Ability to cope with complex technical issues/tasks, unclear requirements, complex business logic and integrations, legacy projects, fast project changes with the help of the QA Lead;
- Good understanding and practical experience with a various number of test documents (test plan, check-lists, test-cases and etc);
- Ability to search/find the root cause of issues, ability to find hidden dependencies in a well-known application, find valid defects related to business logic even if new to application;
- Ability to analyze the results of your own work;
- Ability to build a report based on a template, independently, with suggestions for improvements, and so on. Bug reports and so on;
- A wealth of knowledge about mobile platforms and OSs specific, understanding of mobile ecosystem and be able to adapt it for the real project;
- Theoretical knowledge of Network and Internet technologies fundamentals (Internet Protocols/ HTTP response codes, Network Topologies and Protocols, HTML fundamentals, CSS basics);
- Practical experience on projects with the Agile process is nice to have.
We offer financial motivation:
- Competitive salary;
- Medical insurance;
- Every other Friday is a paid day off from work;
- English classes;
- Paid job-related courses, conferences, and seminars;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews.
We provide non-cash motivation:
- Flexible work hours and work from the place of yours;
- Family atmosphere;
- Different corporate events and team building activities;
- Holiday gifts;
- Company’s care and support in the employee’s professional and personal development;
- Our office is located near the metro not far from the city center.