Apalon is a leading mobile development company. The unique blend of technology and art that make up the company’s DNA, enables Apalon to deliver unrivaled products. Apalon's portfolio includes award-winning titles such as NOAA Radar, Weather Live, Productive, Sleepzy and more. Apps by Apalon have earned massive recognition with 600+ MLN downloads, received numerous prestigious awards, and have been featured by Apple, Google, Amazon, Samsung, as well as world's leading press.
We are looking for an AI/ML Team Lead.
- Provide technical leadership for a team of ML engineers, creating and supporting a culture of knowledge sharing, technical excellence and fun.
- Work closely with product teams to integrate ML in product strategy, build ML enabled features in new and existing products.
- Be responsible for team growth, hire, retain, develop, mentor and coach team members to unlock their potential.
- Dive deep in current processes and be able to advise improvements if necessary.
- Propose, create and improve development infrastructure for ML projects.
- 2+ years leading a team of engineers, working collaboratively with product and engineering teams.
- 4+ years of experience building top notch technical solutions including high performance ML products.
- Broad understanding of ML/CV approaches and practices. Deep Learning: classification, detection, segmentation (semantic + instance).
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TuriCreate/CoreML, Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.).
- Production experience with building ML pipelines including CI/CD, ML Ops.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Knowledge of basic OOP, computer science algorithms and data structures.
- Communicate openly. Ability to build a collaborative environment.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics.
- Experience with C++ or mobile development.
- Experience with ML on mobile platforms (iOS & Android).
- Solid experience with Linux, Git.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing (GCP or AWS) and tools and technologies Kubernetes, Docker, etc.