Our client is on a mission to empower the problem-solvers of tomorrow. To help us take our company to the next level and enable us to build an even more compelling education experience, we are looking for a Lead Web Game Developer to oversee the strategic development, production, testing and optimization of Knowledgehook’s exciting new game experiences.As a lead web game developer, you will be responsible for building gameplay systems and features using the Phaser game engine. You will work closely with our team of developers, designers and producers to build a new game experience from scratch: get in on the ground-floor of new product innovations, as a high impact key contributor.Knowledgehook’s purpose is to inspire and develop the problem solvers of tomorrow. We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
- Full Software Lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability.
- Enabling relevant stakeholders’ concerns to be identified, considered, and, when appropriate, addressed during the development of the product.
- Collaborate with architects and product managers on design decisions and directions for product requirements
- Work directly with the designers to ensure that their vision is shared with your ability to build the platform
- Build and maintain core engine components, pipelines and tools on multiple hardware platforms.
- Accurately estimate schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Be vocal and transparent if concerns arise regarding deliverable timelines
- Write clear, maintainable code
- Maintain project confidentiality and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, as a web-based game developer
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, and testing
- Experience managing a team of developers
- Deep knowledge of web front-end development, including Typescript, Canvas, WebGL
- Some understanding of backend web development
- Experience interfacing with RESTful and realtime websocket APIs
- Having worked on at least one game project with a team, from concept through to release
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Phaser or PixiJS
- Experience working on live-service game development cycles
- Experience managing a developer team remotely
We can offer:
- Working in one of the largest IT companies in Belarus
- Projects for such clients as PayPal, Wargaming, Xerox, Philips, adidas and Toyota
- Competitive compensation that depends on your qualification and skills
- Career development system with clear skill qualifications
- Flexible working hours aligned to your schedule
- Offices located in city center
- Corporate medical insurance covering services of private and public medical centers
- Corporate discount program ensuring savings on various products and services for our employees and their kids, including but not limited to education, entertainment, insurance, food delivery, etc.
- English courses right in our offices
- Corporate parties and events for employees and their children
- Internal conferences, workshops and meetups for learning and experience sharing
- Gym membership compensation, corporate sport competitions (cybersport included), corporate football, basketball and volleyball teams
- 5 days of paid sick leave per year with no obligation to submit a sick-leave certificate