Lead Envy is the leading underwriting and decisioning software for online lenders in the United States. Due to rapid growth, we're looking to add PHP developers to our very strong team.
What we're looking for in a developer:
- Can communicate clearly and you are open to new ideas with a commitment to be part of a successful team.
- Thoroughly understand the business model in relation to their current product focus area. Looks for opportunities to simplify product & technical design.
- Be an active participant in all phases of the development life-cycle of our applications including architecture, implementation, and maintenance. Develop elegant, resilient, tested, and secure applications.
- Provide thoughtful thinking and strategies in effectively resolving problems and issues. Takes ownership of incidents that fall in their domain and may be involved in the resolution of an incident or provide assistance to others on resolving incidents.
- Create technical designs that are clear, well thought out, and consider dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability, and ease of support.
- Approach engineering work with a security lens and actively look for vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing code reviews.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technologies.
- 3+ years' experience of working on a PHP Developer position. Preferably in Laravel, Zend or similar framework
- Test-driven development (TDD), ability to write useful automated tests (both unit and functional) using PHPUnit
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Familiarity with building integrations with 3rd party systems
- Knowledge in designing, building and using RESTful APIs
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience in the demands of deadline-driven work
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with AWS
- Server Administration. Being able to setup Apache/Nginx etc.
- Building containerized applications with Docker
- Open source contributions (please send a link to your GitHub profile)
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible work schedules