We're an end-to-end provider of premium products and services for global sport and media operators.
We push boundaries every day to offer the most reliable, scalable, engaging end-to-end offerings that continually meet and exceed fan expectations and maximise client value. Underpinned by data we're able to determine the best experiences to drive business growth. Deltatre provides strategy, planning, consultancy across all stages of our client's lifecycle.
The Video Experiences Business Unit at Deltatre is focused on leading OTT products and services delivering best-of-breed products and components as well as comprehensive end-to-end solutions. Our premium software products and UXD consultancy are the principal choice of leading telecom, cable, broadcast, media and aviation companies.
The Android team at Deltatre builds applications to run on millions of Android mobiles, tablets and TVs and provides the best user experience for watching video on-demand (movies and series) and live sport streams. As an Android engineer, you will pioneer new ways for consumers to interact with technology and deliver world-class experiences on emerging technologies across a host of global clientele of the likes of National Football League, DAZN, Bell Media, BBC and Discovery.
We are looking for an experienced top-notch developer to grow with our dev team. You will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
• Developing new user-facing features for Android using Kotlin and Java
• Building reusable components and libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a range of devices and screen sizes including mobiles, tablets and TVs
• Leading a team of developers across regions
What we are looking for
• Strong proficiency in Kotlin, as well as a working knowledge of Java
• Thorough understanding of the Android system Framework APIs
• Experience with Rx.Java and its core principles
• Practice of Unit Testing using JUnit and Mockito
• Familiarity with Google Play Services, Play Store account administration and submission
• A knack for instrumentation testing and optimization
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git and build automation systems
If you don’t tick all the boxes, don’t worry and try anyway! We want people who know their stuff or are willing and able to learn.
What's in it for you
• Work on exciting interactive and multimedia projects from the very beginning and influence the technical direction
• Experience the bleeding edge of devices and platforms and enjoy the opportunity to innovate
• A vibrant and inclusive work culture made up of genuinely nice professional people
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.