Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Catch Co. is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer with a passion for creating great customer experiences. The ideal candidate has a background in designing mobile-first ecommerce websites, working with a product team to understand business requirements, and integrating user feedback into design decisions.
What you will do:
- Work closely with business and product partners to understand the goals, requirements and challenges of an initiative.
- Design beautiful, consistent and intuitive experiences that adhere with our visual identity.
- Solve user experience problems with creative and thoughtful designs.
- Own the end-to-end design process from user flows, to wireframes, to high fidelity mockups including specs for engineers.
- Assist in and/or lead user research activities such as user testing, developing personas and mapping user journeys.
- Develop a deep understanding of our branding to ensure all designs and flows maintain brand uniformity.
- Incorporate user and stakeholder feedback into designs, as well as continuously evolve designs based on learnings and business goals.
What experience you need:
- 2+ years of experience in UI/UX design.
- Proven experience creating flows, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups based on business requirements.
- Excellent track record using competitive analysis, user research, user testing and other data to inform designs.
- Experience using Figma and/or other design, wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Solid understanding of design principles and design systems.
- Understanding of responsive design, accessibility, and front-end development.
- Strong background in visual aesthetics to ensure consistency in our design, brand, and UI best practices.
What will make you successful:
- Creativity: You bring new ideas and a fresh perspective to the table so that we are designing the optimal solution.
- Collaboration: You work well with others and are always looking to learn new things and understand different perspectives.
- Open Mindedness: You take feedback well, and are able to ask questions to understand where it is coming from and incorporate it into your work.
- Attention to Detail: You are relentless about making sure your designs are “pixel perfect” before we go live.
- Relationship Building: People enjoy working with you because you listen to and address concerns, and you are passionate about creating the best solution possible.
- Data Proficiency: You are obsessed with using data both to make decisions and to measure success.
- Pride in Your Work: You consistently deliver high quality work and inspire the same in those you partner with.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.