BlueModus is looking for a talented technical professional to lead a group of .NET developers, could it be you?
We are looking for someone who is a dynamic self-starter, can think on his/her feet, plays well with others, and does great work in a fast-paced, agency environment. This is a client-facing position. In addition to your role as a technical lead on a project, you will also be interacting with the client daily to gather requirements, research features, and helping them set priorities. You will also be responsible for the development, mentoring, and ongoing assignments for the developers on your team.
By bringing together like-minded people, who share common passions, who enjoy each other's company, and respect each other's skills, BlueModus has created a culture where people work hard, have each other’s backs, and love what they do. Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to their clients. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Work at a company that was a Finalist for Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal and top-ranked Best Places to Work by Built in Colorado
- Competitive salary
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off that includes 9 holidays, 10 vacation, and 10 flex days
- Get the checkup you need for you and your family with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan + employer match
- Team building “fun” days and other company-sponsored activities through the year
- Whether you’re an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for billable client consulting that includes the maintenance and continued enhancement of the back end of our clients' web sites and web applications
- Gathering customer requirements, architecting solutions, and assigning work to teams of .NET developers, UI/UX Designers, and QA Engineers working closely with the Project Manager
- Providing clear, guidance, and recommendations to customers, to optimize value and foster customer trust.
- Owning the technical vision for the software solution you lead
- Leading a small team of junior and senior developers who are working on several projects simultaneously
- Partnering with Project Managers to ensure customer goals are achieved within agreed-upon schedules and budgets.
- Developing relationships with developers to foster trust, cooperation, and retention.
- Mentoring developers to grow their technical and professional service skills.
- Actively driving and executing code reviews
- Building packages and deploying software to integration environments
- Fielding technical questions from clients, other developers, project managers, quality assurance engineers, and other colleagues
- Providing development estimates for enhancement requests
- R & D coding/spikes, implementing 3rd party APIs, creating new features, and resolving bugs in the project codebase
- Researching new software development concepts, and making suggestions for process improvements
What You Need:
- 2+ years of experience with marketing and web Content Management Systems (CMS) – preferably systems like Kentico, Sitecore, Sitefinity, or similar
- 2+ years of Team Lead or Lead Developer experience
- 2+ years in a customer-facing role in a professional services organization
- 5+ years of implementing software architectures of your design
- 2+ years of cloud-based deployments preferably Azure or AWS
- 8+ years of .NET/ASP.NET development experience using C# like Microsoft MVC, WCF, Web API, and WebForms
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design, software patterns, debugging, and refactoring
- 3+ Development Operations (DevOps) experience: servers, databases, websites, certs, load balancers, networking, continuous integration and build automation (using tools like Azure DevOps, Team City, or Jenkins)
- Experience in an Agile / Lean development environment, e.g. SCRUM, SAFe, LESS, Kanban
- Experience with MSSQL Server + T-SQL, backups, creating tables, stored procedures, and data views
- Understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, TFS, Mercurial, or SVN) and code flow processes (branching, pull requests, features, tags, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for extracting customer requirements and acceptance criteria
- Be organized and able to manage several work streams with different priorities
What We’d Like to Find:
- Experience troubleshooting CSS and HTML issues
- Experience resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with responsive and mobile website development
- Experience working on projects with third-party vendors and independent contractors
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electronics engineering, information technology, or related disciplines preferred