Hello you. Biteable here. We're looking for a Technical Project Manager to help our product teams achieve big results in a wonderfully coordinated fashion. If you like working in a busy, quirky environment where the well-being of the team comes first, this might the thing for you.
A little about the Biteable culture
At Biteable we're committed to the happiness of our staff. We love it when everyone feels supported and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create.
The Biteable team is scattered around the globe from San Francisco to Hobart, and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us.
We treat each other like adults and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families are part of our daily lives and we like that they often turn up on our video calls.
All about you
- You really dig web tech. You've been in the web technology sector for a while and you like it. Stuff that runs in a browser is what floats your boat.
- You're good at big projects. You love running medium to large software development projects. And you've got plenty of experience doing it.
- You're agile. Like a tiger, but then in an office and with fingers instead of claws. To be exact, you've got direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- You know your stuff. You're an expert at project management, bug tracking, and reporting tools.
- You're driven. You've got superior organizational skills and you're great at following through on tasks. Your integrity shines like a sunbeam.
- You're most of the above. But not necessarily all of them. You like to learn and you pick up new things quickly.
All about the role
- You’ll manage your own schedule. While you’ll need to maintain regular work hours (for the benefit of your team), you’re free to lay your day out the way you like it.
- You'll spin many plates. Like an artist, you'll drive multiple projects simultaneously, all the way from start to finish.
- You'll manage four product teams. Your daily activities will include scoping, resourcing, and tracking progress across all four teams.
- You'll facilitate communication. In particular, you'll take care of sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning.
- You'll make things transparent. You'll provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects.
- You'll work collaboratively with Product & Engineering. And you'll communicate updates to all other functions.
- You'll have one eye on the customer. In everything you do, you'll be focused on delivering value to Biteable customers.
All about us
We are Biteable, a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to studio-quality content and our passion for simplicity.
Since our launch in 2014 we’ve:
- Created a community of over 6 million users
- Rendered more than 10 million videos
- Raised $3.9 million in venture capital
We’re growing fast and have offices in Melbourne and Hobart, Australia, with remote team members scattered around the world. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
A little more about our culture
Biteable is a bit of rarity. Everyone genuinely cares about each other. When asked, they use words like these to describe their colleagues: rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless.
Don't just take our word for it, though. Here are a few quotes that we didn't make up:
“I’m thankful for the flexibility Biteable gives me around my family commitments. I really like that my team is open to new ideas and processes. And I enjoy that I get to work on a variety of problems with a mix of people with diverse areas of expertise.”
“The development team is a great group of people. They’re smart and interested in doing high-quality work, but foster a social and supportive atmosphere, too.”
“Biteable's team of smart, funny, engaged, and caring people makes my work here enjoyable, every day. Being close to decisions and decision-makers helps me make an impact on our work.”
“At Biteable, you’re given the support and flexibility you need to do your best work in a way that suits your lifestyle. I’m continuously impressed by this team’s skill and unwavering passion. But what’s more, is that everyone operates with kindness, respect, and a great sense of humor.”
How to apply
We want you to start soon. To apply, dispatch your CV and a short cover letter about why you and Biteable fit together like a kanban board and a calendar.
We’ll review your application and then set up informal interviews with a handful of candidates. We've got our fingers crossed that you're one of them — we're rooting for you.