For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
What You'll Do
As a Technical Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to support squads in different timezones by getting the needs from product/support/design/growth/engineering, and break down the work into user stories and tasks that are clear for the engineering team to deliver. In this role, you will have a chance to validate specs and fulfill the missing parts, organize backlogs, set milestones and coordinate efforts among team members and external vendors, as well as develop effective schedules and suggest action items that still need to be complete to successfully complete a project.
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- 5+ years of working experience as a technical project manager in a startup or similar environment.
- 2+ years working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- 2+ years experience with software engineering, quality assurance, or design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of partnering collaboratively with engineering managers, product managers, UX/design, and others.
- A focus on defining and refining processes.
Nice to have
- Proven ability to help guide and support a software development team.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with varying levels of management via presentations, reports and other objective metrics.
- Experience in agile development methodologies at scale.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.