WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You’ll be responsible for:
- Architecting effective solutions for our customers’ requests and integration hurdles.
This can include:
- Debugging technical issues
- Testing the product from both a functional and technical perspective
- Ensuring integration functions as per customers’ requirements and expectations
- Working closely with sales team in the presales process, including:
- Responding to requests for information
- Assisting with presentations
- Providing answers to technical questions
- Writing clear and concise documentation about technical issues and explaining technical details to non-technical people
- Collaborating with our Engineering and Product teams to represent customer requirements and needs
- Fluent in both German and English (written and spoken)
- Technical pre-sales consulting or technical sales experience
- Understanding (and healthy skepticism) of sales processes and best practices
- Ability to navigate the sales process within organizations ranging from small startups to large multinationals
- Comfortable in a customer-facing position, but also enjoy direct cooperation with software engineers and engineering managers, as well as a user-oriented product team
- Well-versed in modern software development technologies and practices
- Solid understanding of "the modern full web stack" to be able to talk to our customers about how LaterPay works, covering topics such as:
- HTML and CSS
- RESTful Web Services, HTTP requests / methods, XHR
- Basic PHP in WordPress & its templating, plugin ecosystem
- Ideally, you’ve also had some exposure to:
- React & Redux (because that’s what we use)
- Version control using Git
- Software development in a team using CI
- Self-motivated and able to drive results without too much management
- Highly organized, able to handle many threads at once, and keep things moving - you’ll be interacting with many different customers on any given day
- Entrepreneurial thinking is a big bonus! Our success is your success, you strive to support the sales team and help maintain alignment with the market reality and needs
HOW WE WORK
LaterPay has around 50 people spread over 12+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. most of us work Monday - Friday from 9ish UTC to 6ish UTC. For this role, you will need to be available during German business hours as you’ll be working closely with merchants operating in Germany.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We're proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- Training budget
- AllHands (semi-annual team event)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
If this sounds interesting, please apply and:
- Upload your CV (English), and
- Upload your cover letter (German) in which you reply to the following questions:
- Share an experience you had working with a client to integrate a product.
- What made it a success/failure?
- What did you learn from it?
We will be accepting applications until February 20th, 2020.
€45,000 - 60,000 / year