TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100+ people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Tax Research Team Manager who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
As a Tax Research Team Manager at TaxJar you will:
- Be a decision maker in a fast paced, agile environment
- Help in sizing and hiring for existing and new teams
- Conduct 1-1s with your reports and assist them in their career growth
- Demonstrate the ability to manager in a fully remote environment
- Be the primary point of contact in TaxJar for your teams
- Protect the happiness and output of your team members
- Work with sales tax experts on rates, boundary, and sourcing rules to be implemented into TaxJar’s software services, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensure your team of tax experts is a catalyst in improving our product offering
- Help staff research needed to keep our product up to date with compliance needs
- Ensure TaxJar representation at the occasional tax professional industry conferences
- Work with our AutoFile, Customer Support, on customer issues
- Work with our Engineering team to build the best in class sales tax automation software.
- 6+ years of sales tax related roles and experience
- Successfully managed and hired a team in the sales and use tax space
- Worked through at least 2 sales tax audits as auditor or auditee
- Demonstrates mastery of the sales and use tax rules across multiple US states
- Located in and authorized to work in the US
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.