Bitovi helps companies create and release better web applications.
We have a track record of designing, building, and deploying high-profile and amazing applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs, and a deployment process in place.
Bitovi has been a pioneer in producing advanced frameworks and tools for almost a decade. We develop and maintain several open source products such as CanJS, DoneJS, and StealJS to name a few. We are interested in product innovation and opportunities.
Our team is comprised of about 30ish developers and designers located around the US and Canada. This is a remote full-time opportunity. We are looking for candidates located in the US or Canada as occasional travel may be required.
Our team members are consultants who are knowledgeable and proficient communicators, and are able to help enterprise clients make the right decisions for their applications.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for qualified individuals with:
- BS (or equivalent) in relevant field (computer science, etc)
- 5+ years experience in a professional cloud computing role
- Thorough understanding of the full CI/CD pipeline
- Experience integrating with at least one enterprise auth system (SAML, LDAP, etc)
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to take an abstract goal from idea to reality with little to no guidance
- Ability to keep track of any number of simultaneous initiatives with detailed clarity and efficiency
Individuals should also be an expert with
- Deploying and maintaining multiple production-ready Kubernetes clusters
- Deploying and maintaining production, enterprise applications to a Kubernetes cluster
- Using and building GitOps workflows
- At least two CI tools
- At least two CD tools
- Using Helm
- Writing Helm charts
- Writing and publishing Docker containers
- Writing bash scripts
- At least 2 programming languages other than Bash
- Communication and setting expectations
You'll act as a consultant with our client, and we expect the role to include the following:
- Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code approaches and technologies
- Configure and maintain application instances deployed into Kubernetes clusters using industry best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and GitOps.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines using industry best tools as well as standard tools dictated by the client
- Work with other team members to keep applications up-to-date with latest upstream versions and will install and maintain supplemental tools as required by client.
- Enhance workflows (developmental and technological) based on conversations with team members
- Propose and implement enhancements based on independent research and insights
- Fully own features and ensure they are delivered with high quality
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration between team members and other teams for assigned features
- Gather feature requirements and translate them into implementable steps
- Maintain status reports of all active work including risks, uncertainties, and timelines
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
The following attributes are major positives, but not all hard requirements:
- Experience building production-grade Grafana dashboards
- Experience with production-grade secrets management strategies
- Experience with service mesh integrations
- DevOps tools experience outside of CI/CD
- Proficient in Python
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats (previously in Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity / Paternity leave