Aspen Group, Inc is an education technology holding company that leverages its infrastructure and expertise to allow its two universities, Aspen University and United States University, to deliver on the vision of making college affordable again.
Aspen Group is looking for an experienced Sr. Project Manager to join our our amazing team!
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Sr. Project Manager who will be responsible for leading teams to deliver projects that span across one or more business units. This role will manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere guidelines throughout the full systems development full life cycle. The role will also run projects on a day-to-day basis, verify that projects are producing the required deliverables of quality and within specified timeframes and cost.
Are you detail-oriented and organized? Do you want to be part of an innovative software development environment?
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Coordinate, and oversee the implementation of projects and deliverables, including projects in flight.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Lead all Agile ceremonies, including but not limited to daily standup, planning, retrospective, demonstrations.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Utilize project management methodologies and provide appropriate documentation that is consistent and reusable
- Assist in the development and implementation of templates, procedures, and processes as part of the Project Management and continuous improvement process
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Significant experience leading systems development and/or implementation projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience using traditional and agile project management tools and methods: Gantt charts, resource schedules, AzureDevOps(TFS), JIRA Scrum/Kanban and administration, Confluence, Excel, PowerPoint, Chat tools
- Minimum 7+ years project management experience in the IT field
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.