Solovis (a Nasdaq company) is a revolutionary new SaaS platform offering a multi-asset class portfolio management and reporting solution for foundations, endowments, pensions, OCIOs, and family offices. Our firm is on a mission to set a new industry standard for performance, exposure, and portfolio analysis. The key to that success is to continue disrupting the industry with transformational technology designed specifically for limited partners. At Solovis, we recognize our employees by personally investing in them and providing a rewarding corporate culture centered around growth, training, and an opportunity to shape the future of our product.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
As a leading FinTech company, Solovis is constantly looking to automate all processes related to the development, deployment, security and operations of our cloud-native suite of applications. As a Sr. DevOps engineer, you will have the opportunity to leverage the latest technologies, techniques and procedures to build world class CI/CD pipelines, utilize Infrastructure as Code, and implement advanced deployment techniques to ensure we are getting products and features to our customers rapidly and with industry-leading quality. Working at both a strategic and tactical level, you need to be equally skilled with the whiteboard and the keyboard. You will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership to more junior members of the team via coaching and mentoring and to work directly with executives to help shape product strategy.
Can you answer “yes” to the following?
- Do you have excellent problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills, fueled by a very high level of intelligence that enables you to anticipate challenges, weigh the advantages and disadvantages of different solutions, and maintain focus on the ultimate goal?
- Are you a self-motivated learner with a strong work ethic, who knows that one of the most valuable skills one can possess is knowing how to teach oneself new things?
- Are you excited about working in a young entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do
- Work with Product teams to create CI/CD pipelines that ensure the quality, security of our software
- Implement advanced deployment techniques such as blue-green deployments, canary deployments, and feature flags
- Ensure security validation and vulnerability scans are part of our standard software supply chain
- Create optimized cloud automation by ensuring the Infrastructure as Code pattern is adopted across our entire suite of applications
- Optimize our observability platform by enhancing our current monitoring and alert tool chain and augmenting with new solutions as applicable
- Work with the product teams to ensure robust automated testing
- Help implement policies which ensure compliant and consistent deployment of cloud infrastructure
- Develop and execute on key cloud architectures that are technically optimized, operationally efficient, and cost effective
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and issues
- Define and enforce cloud standards and policies
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of full-time technical experience
- 3+ years of experience with a strong focus on DevOps and cloud automation
- Ability to interact with engineering, product, and stakeholders to create the optimal technical solution to solve challenging business problems
- Experience architecting and building solutions in a cloud environment with a strong preference for Azure experience
- Subject Matter Expert level knowledge with many of following technologies, frameworks and practices:
- Strong cloud experience and an understanding of cloud architectures and patterns (e.g., immutable infrastructure)
- Experience utilizing Infrastructure as Code with expertise in at least one tool (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM templates, etc.)
- Expert-level scripting skills using either Linux scripting (Bash) or PowerShell
- SQL knowledge and skills, especially related to automated database migrations and cloud-specific SQL platforms
- Expert level understanding of CI/CD pipelines and the components required to implement true continuous delivery
- Solid understanding of security principles, especially those relevant to cloud architectures
- Automated testing (unit, black-box API testing, etc.)
- Understanding of advanced deployment techniques (e.g., Canary, Feature Flags, etc.)
- Docker and associated container deployment strategies
- Application monitoring and observability
- Performance tuning and application resiliency
- Ability to facilitate, understand, and contribute to technical discussions
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable
- communicating with development teams, Product Owners, Product Management, and company leadership
- Effective influencer, able to work upward and across teams to build rapport and partner with others to solve problems
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills – must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches and drive resolution
- High level of accountability for program execution, deliverables, and reporting to technical management
- High motivation and deliver based on roadmap and associated timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work well in a team with diverse personality types
- Ability to think outside the box to solve challenges
What we bring
- Purpose – we are about providing our customers investment knowledge when they need it so that they can positively impact the world around them
- Top notch team members and collaborative environment.
- Endless opportunity with the ability to progress into various disciplines and expertise or into a leadership role as company growth continues
Solovis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Solovis is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Solovis are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.