Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Greater Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals.
We’re seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing 40-person team. The ideal candidate is efficient, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and motivated by working on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape the entire profession.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 🐱💻
You will be instrumental in delivering and maintaining high-quality software. Your contributions and leadership will greatly influence the usability and reliability of the product.
Day-to-day work will consist of testing software, documenting issues, and tracking development bug fixes and/or new features. Additionally, you will be creating test cases, prioritizing production issues, and taking ownership for the quality of our growing application. You will be part of a close-knit team that is working hard for a better product each day.
We're Looking for Someone With ⚡
* Software QA testing experience, preferably with sophisticated software
* Deep understanding of the QA testing process and best practices
* Knowledge of software development processes
* Ability to test software with clients' needs and wants in mind
* Ability to communicate effectively with software engineers, analyze technical requirements, and create test cases
* Great attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
* Skilled problem-solver and critical thinker
* Flexible with the ability to work and make sound decisions under pressure
* Experience managing tasks and projects
Bonus Experience 💡
* Jira or a similar software development tool
* Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
* Working closely with a software development team
* Working efficiently as part of a distributed team
* Experience with automated testing
A Sneak Peek of Your Role at Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
We foster a diverse, inclusive, transparent, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
While building out our young platform, your contributions will shape products that power the diagnostic and treatment workflows for some of the most advanced veterinary hospitals on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
* We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment
* We pay our team well (based on experience)
* We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
* We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
* We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
* We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats
Learn More About Us 👓
- Our new blog called Pick the Brain that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.
--Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.