DNSimple is looking for a Software Engineer to help us develop and operate our registrar system. In this role, you'll work with other engineers to operate the backend product that our customers use to register and manage their domains.
We offer compensation from 5500 USD/month to 8000 USD/month depending on your experience.
- Develop and operate our registrar system's backend that integrates with domain registrar APIs.
- Work with product to add support for new TLDs, and maintain the existing TLD offering.
- Work with support to triage and debug support requests related to domain registration.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Independently ship features and improvements with confidence.
- Collaborate with the team on all aspects of your work if useful and needed.
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others.
- Document the systems you help build.
- Provide direct support to our customers.
- Participate in on-call rotations with the team, triage and respond to issues, looking for opportunities to improve service health.
- Represent DNSimple and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- 2+ years experience with software development.
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with consuming and integrating REST API.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Experience using command-line interface and scripting.
- Comfortable working with an agile and iterative software development process.
- Familiarity with the domain and DNS industry.
- Professional experience with other programming languages.
- Experience with registering, managing, and configuring domain names.
- Public records of open source contributions.
Why you should join
DNSimple is not only fully remote, we were born as a 100% remote company. We offer flexible schedules, and you can work from anywhere.
We speak different languages, and we program with different languages. We care for our employees, and we're open to everyone regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.
As part of the team, your feedback and input are not only welcomed, they're anticipated. We're a small team, and everyone's opinion matters.
Typical hiring process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be removed from consideration at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a coding test assignment. The assignment will be reviewed. Upon successful completion, the candidate will be invited to schedule an interview with a member of our Engineering team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Engineering.
- Finally, candidates will meet with our CEO who will conduct the final interview.