Our engineering team dedicates itself to continuous learning and improvement. We built a process that is optimized for rapid, agile development; deploying to production many times a day. To discover the correct solution; we start with a minimum viable product and iterate using team and stakeholder feedback; so that the people, product, and process improve together. Work out of our Los Angeles offices, or remotely.
As a developer, you’ll help us build and maintain our products. You’ll recommend and implement system-wide improvements, new technologies, and contribute to our technological direction.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, and anyone building a community of people to make change happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs
- are always interested in learning new things.
- get excited when you have the chance to pair.
- practice test-driven development and judicious refactoring.
- enjoy being responsive to customer feedback.
- are a pragmatic problem solver, knowing that perfect is the enemy of done.
- work well in small teams with a clear mission.
- have the insight to know what's important and the dedication to get it done.
- are comfortable with ambiguity and know how keep us moving forward.
We are looking for:
- Have at least 2-5 years of professional development experience
Our platform is primarily built with Ruby on Rails with some additional Ruby and Go services. Data is stored in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, and Hadoop. All on a cloud native architecture in AWS and managed with Terraform and Puppet.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.