As a team lead you will form, grow and evolve a team of highly motivated individuals that focus on accountability and continuous improvement.
You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access our core functionality:
- Salesforce.com for our front office staff,
- Online banking portal built with Vue.js and
- a Rest API for 3rd party integrations.
Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, and ELK you and your team will build and run services in a number of environments and will be responsible for defining and achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale, which will run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
- You have extensive experience in delivering complex software systems. Having experience in financial systems is desirable but most important is that you know how to motivate and set-up high-performance teams.
- Agility is important to us, we expect you to guide your team through changes in requirements, work with product owners to plan what to work on.
- You care deeply about user experiences and own (define, implement, improve) appropriate metrics to measure them. You make decisions based on data and facts.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your team’s code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the deployment of services and infrastructure.
- Ebury Tech is a multi-cultural and distributed team, you will need great English communication skills and experience working in a global environment to be successful.
- Work closely with Product to have clear implementation plans for product roadmaps.
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience.
- Run agile project management processes.
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features.
- Generate and implement process improvements.
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of your team, and participate in cross-team, skip-level 1:1’s.
- Give regular and clear feedback around an individual's performance.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Take part in our recruitment process, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new hires.
- Engage in our incident management process, leading both responses and retrospectives.
- Draft and review quarterly Engineering KPIs for your team.
- Improve product quality, security, and performance.
- 5 or more years of experience in software development.
- 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role with current backend technologies.
- In-depth experience with Python or Go; other languages may be considered depending on experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good level of English.
- Experience working in the financial sector.
- 2 or more years of experience of working with global team members in a distributed environment.
- Open source SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiarity with distributed tools e.g., Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, GSuite.
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools, techniques and principles (SCRUM).
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure and container orchestration.
What we offer
- Work on remote-first teams, so you won’t miss water cooler conversations
- You will work remotely, but you will never feel alone. Get introduced to others via Donuts
- Live wherever you want (preferred time zone: EU and South America (GMT-5 max)), but we look for stability. At this point in time, we are not open to digital nomads.
- Work autonomously.
- Keep 100% focused!
Due to our remote-first organisation
and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day 1. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look here
and see what our remotes say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally
: thanks to our career path
and our collaborative and cross-working teams, every day is a new adventure.
Get ready to take your career to the next level!