is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
Our platform provides continuous delivery services for all mainstream programming languages as well as native support for building and shipping Docker containers. We aim to deliver the easiest to use and fastest CI/CD service. We work in small highly effective teams, so every team member is vital to the success of the company.
We're looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to take significant ownership of technical projects that will drive the success of the overall business. A strong candidate will bring solid product and technical acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).
We are passionate about providing a remote, flexible and supportive work culture. Collaboration is in our DNA. At the moment we require people to work from a location of at least 4 hrs overlap with 9 - 5 pm CET.
Examples of problems you'll be solving
- Implementing new Semaphore features
- Improving the internal and external APIs of Semaphore
- Automating the release process, monitoring, and solving scalability issues
- Contributing to and collaborating on Open Source software
- Optimizing performance and scalability of Semaphore
- You have 2+ years of professional experience.
- You have experience with shipping services into production, and maintaining their quality.
- You have experience with developing database-backed web applications.
- You are proficient in one or more high-level languages.
- You are self-managed and capable of making effective decisions.
- You care about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You speak and write well. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- You are willing to master Golang and/or Elixir, our primary languages for writing Semaphore.
- You are willing to master TDD/BDD practices for implementing new features.
- You are willing to master how to take responsibility for projects end-to-end from idea to completion.
- You are willing to master Linux and the command line.
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.