We’re hiring an Social Media & Content manager to join the digital marketing team for a company that specializes in anime products and Asian snacks! You’ll be responsible for making our social media channels look awesome, and overseeing the creation of content (along with the assistance of the existing marketing team). This isn’t a good role if you want to be told what to do or don’t want to have to perform, and this is a great role if you’re into the nerd/geek/Japanese space and have experience working remotely!
First, here’s what we’re NOT looking for:
We're not looking for someone who needs to be told what to do or what to create. We're not looking for someone who needs to be managed. We're looking for someone who can set, measure, and meet KPIs, with a very high attention to detail and manage a team to get it all done. You should be able to conceptualize, create, measure, report, and optimize everything without being told what, when, or how - we will not hold your hand or micromanage you. You'll be required to perform (and prove it), and you'll be well compensated for great performance. If this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, stop reading now. If you're big on performing without being handheld (or micromanaged) this could definitely be your cup of tea.
Here’s what we ARE looking for:
Someone who’s in the geek/nerd/japanese scene and is intimately familiar with facebook, instagram, twitch, YouTube, TikTok, Giphy, and all the tools required to run successful social media marketing campaigns
Someone who’s familiar with branding, target audiences, audience personas, and speaking to geeks / nerds! Here’s a hint: it’s virtually all visual.
Someone who’s ready to jump in and get things done. You can’t be shy!
Bottom line: When you apply, make sure to link to your portfolio and/or summary of your past experience (make sure it includes your ROI and how you measured it). Don’t send a LinkedIn link. We don’t use LinkedIn, and can’t see yours if you try to link us to it.
This is a fully remote, contract position with a potential for regular bumps in salary based on performance, paid via bank transfer monthly. We don’t require you to be anywhere in particular or care where you're from or where you live. You just have to be available in the afternoons and evenings Japan time, sometimes.
Here are some of the things you'll be doing:
- Planning content calendars
- Staying on top of memes, and looping the brand into trending memes
- Assigning tasks to graphic designers, etc for the visual content you need, as well as making at least basic graphic and video edits on your own
- Using SEMrush and similar tools to plan/post/measure/report on your work
- Creating polls/surveys and more to find out as much as possible about our current target audience, as well as experimenting with new audiences / personas
- Working with brand ambassadors and the rest of the marketing team to create engaging new content
- Curating and/or producing images, GIFs, pixeloops, and videos on a daily and/or weekly basis
Here are some of the tools you'll be using and should be familiar with already or learn really fast:
- Typeform or similar
- At least a basic level of image and video editing
What we require from a successful applicant:
- At least 2 years experience working remotely
- At least 2 years of experience as a social media marketer
- Proven track record of measuring and reporting on your engagement and results using SEMrush or similar
- Experience working remotely with Asana
- Incredible attention to detail
- A thorough knowledge the of nerd/geek/Anime space
What would earn you bonus points during the hiring process:
- Facebook bot experience with ManyChat or similar (huuuge bonus points!)
- Graphic design skills
- Streaming experience
- Cosplay experience
What we don't do:
- We don't micromanage
- We don't waste your or our time with “company culture”
- We don't use slack, much less waste time in it. How awesome is that?! Really freaking awesome.
- We don't make you physically show up anywhere or to anything, ever. 👊
- We don’t really do meetings, so you’re going to need to be very good at taking the initiative and getting stuff done with minimal input.
That means that you:
- Must be incredibly self-motivated and really eager to create (and prove) your ROI
- Must be very communicative in Asana
- Will work closely with the rest of the digital marketing team, especially graphic designers and a front end designer
- Have to be stoked about working in a position that requires you to perform and rewards you for it
- Shouldn't care about fluff (think: anything done by a Silicon Valley startup...) and should care about ROI
- Hardware & software if/as needed
- Free Asian stuff if you want it
- 100% remote. 👊
- No BS, just performance. Good performance? Earn more cash. We’re big on providing frequent and permanent raises for killer performance.
- Everything listed in “What we don't do” (see above)