As a site reliability engineer at NationBuilder, you'll be part of the team responsible for the overall reliability, availability, security, and performance of our platform. You’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, be challenged with problems to solve, and contribute to our technological direction.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a love of learning.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment, enjoys the chance to pair with their peers, and gives and receives well crafted feedback.
- Proficiency with one or more languages (Ruby, Go, Python).
- Working familiarity with provisioning, automation, and configuration management solutions (terraform, puppet)
- Operational experience with public cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure)
- Have at least five years experience supporting high-volume customer facing services.
- Experience supporting and managing Docker containers from local development to production.
- Knowledge of relational databases (Postgres) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis).
- Extensive Linux experience and proficiency with the shell (bash, zsh, sed, awk), and networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS).
Our platform is primarily built with Ruby on Rails with some additional Ruby and Go services. Data is stored in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, and Hadoop. All on a cloud native architecture in AWS and managed with Terraform and Puppet.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.