Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
You will use your knowledge in infrastructure, security, and application development to contribute to building and maintaining the foundations of a community management platform that serves millions of event attendees and community managers each day and hosts thousands of virtual events and conferences around the world. You’ll work within our team to keep Bevy the market leader in real life community software through ongoing software innovation and attention to details.
- Launch projects through hands-on implementation and evaluate and administer incremental improvements to the existing Bevy cloud infrastructure.
- Deploy new features, applications, and services with full CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate manual tasks using scripts or programs and, when appropriate, develop internal tools.
- Define policies and practices around SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs through an accurate implementation of observability tools, monitoring, and alerting.
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Shape and build Bevy’s infrastructure and production support practices through a culture of collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Advise engineering teams in design decisions to improve the reliability, security, and performance of Bevy’s platform and products, as well as standardize technologies used across our engineering organization.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
What we’re looking for:
- You are familiar and have hands-on experience with some of these platforms and technologies. However, we do not expect you to be an expert in each one of them: Docker, Google Cloud, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Bash, Linux.
- You understand the value of having a DevOps philosophy, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Deployment, and Test Driven Development in regards to infrastructure and operations.
- You have experience working in both monolith and micro-services environments and understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- You love writing great documentation.
- You have a desire to make those around you better.
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business, and you are good at communicating technical concepts to nontechnical folks.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.