The Professional Services team at GitHub focuses on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a Services Account Engineer you will directly impact the lives of developers by working with some of the largest software companies on earth by crafting many aspects of software delivery. You will help our customers plan, prioritize, launch, and accelerate their initiatives in building on GitHub.
You will succeed in this role if you are a highly technical individual who feels as comfortable working with tech leaders to map out software delivery initiative roadmaps as you do writing code. You will work with customers from the planning phase through maintaining the system. You will be their primary technical contact at GitHub and establish relationships with admins and their tech leaders.
- Help transform software delivery at some of the largest software organizations through hands-on assistance
- Build customer business artifacts, such as company-specific roll-out plans and timelines
- Build a relationship as a customer's trusted advisor from GitHub to accelerate the effectiveness of their teams
- Build on the GitHub platform to help our customers deliver their desired features or custom workflows
- Track and share progress with GitHub and our customer to ensure expectations are clear and progress is being made
- Discover issues that arise and create plans to solve their problems
Experience configuring the following technologies:
- Deep experience with GitHub to deliver software.
- A deep understanding of IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management.
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements.
- Implement and test solutions based on requirements and customer feedback.
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:
- Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall
- Software project tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, and MS Project
- Continuous integration and build automation with Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, TravisCI, CircleCI
- LDAP, ActiveDirectory, and other SAML/Single-Sign-on services
- VMware vSphere, ESXi, and other virtual infrastructure tools
Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHubStrong ability to handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of client engagement
A more human note about this role:
This role is critical for our customers and GitHub. We would love your help to continue to assist customers in accomplishing their goals and making a positive impact in their company. We have seen how impactful a Services Account Engineer can be at GitHub. We hope you will join our team as we work with our customers to achieve their vision with the GitHub platform.
To succeed in this role you will need to be based in Australia. You will spend up to 50% of your time traveling. Because of our travel requirements you should live within a reasonable distance to an airport in Australia. In addition to remotely working with the team on project and customer priorities, you will be working both locally onsite and remotely with customers in the Australia and Asia/Pacific region.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We like it this way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.