Applications are open until end of the day on Sunday.
Ellipsis Marketing is a small and fast-growing marketing agency for WordPress businesses. We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell addons to WordPress users.
Between us, we have the skills “in house” to do marketing strategy and implementation in the most effective areas for WordPress businesses.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that lets everyone do their very best work. We’re based in the UK but regularly travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure!
As our new SEO Content Manager, you'll work closely with our Head of Content and freelance writers to deliver amazing content to clients.
This position can be broken down as follows:
50% SEO analysis & client reporting
25% content and copy & project management
25% copywriting & editorial
Your main responsibilities include:
- You’ll research SEO keywords which accurately address our clients’ content needs
- You’ll oversee SEO content production from start to finish. This includes writing content outlines for freelance writers, proactively ensuring writers have everything they need to deliver timely work, editing, proofreading and ensuring smooth final delivery to our clients
- You'll oversee website conversion-focused copy production from start to finish. This includes discovery, collecting resources from the client, delivering briefs to writers and providing everything they need to deliver timely work, editing, proofreading and ensuring smooth final delivery to our clients
- You’ll feel comfortable creating brilliant SEO website copy and content
- Your strong organisational skills enable you to keep ahead of timeframes and deadlines for multiple clients simultaneously, as well as help to improve processes wherever possible
- You’ll be highly detail-oriented, and feel comfortable handling large amounts of data, distilling the essentials into easily digestible reports for both internal and client use
- You’ll help us to develop and implement content strategies for multiple clients
- Your background in Marketing (agency a bonus) helps you to intuit what clients need
Requirements: hard skills
- Existing experience in SEO Content Marketing
- Existing experience working remotely full time
- Native English speaker
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), Ahrefs, Google Analytics, GSuite
- Expert understanding of SEO, CRO and Marketing methodology
- Experience in proofreading and editing
Requirements: soft skills
- Great communication skills: Remote work relies on a team being able to fully trust each other, so frequent and clear written communication is a must
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- A “people person”: You’ll be dealing with writers and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- Curiosity and the desire to learn: As our business grows, we’re constantly adapting and evolving with it. Who knows what the skills of tomorrow will be? Flexibility is essential
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with project management and remote-work tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Experience managing and dealing with external contractors and internal teams
- Experience managing content costs
- Marketing agency experience, including client-facing
- Knowledge of B Corp business principles
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive salary
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Monthly remote-working allowance
- Yearly team retreat (in fun places!)
- Attendance to conferences in Europe (1-3 per year)
- The role has plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity and paternity leave, and sick pay
- Ellipsis is aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2020
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. We’re interested in what you can do, what experience you have, and why you want to work with us!
We do great work for clients, are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
We'll be looking at applications anonymously initially in order to reduce bias. Please do not include any personal information in your cover letter, or contact us through other channels.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day on Sunday, 27th October. We will then interview some candidates and will notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not.