Smile is the largest provider of loyalty programs in the world. We reward tens of millions of people every year, and power rewards programs for tens of thousands of businesses. We’ve got big scaling plans in 2021 & beyond - we need amazing talent to achieve our goals and you will be the one to help them discover Smile!
As our Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, you’ll build a diverse pipeline of world-class technical and non-technical talent. You’ll build our brand as a top employer, both country-wide, and internationally. You’ll demonstrate every day how much we care about our candidates: by delivering the most amazing and personalized experience, setting clear expectations and keeping candidates informed every step of the way. You’ll creatively leverage available resources - including your own network - to proactively reach the right candidates, sharing your excitement for our culture and growth. Your strategic thinking will keep us one step ahead, creating a diverse pipeline of top-notch passive talent.
- In collaboration with our leaders across all departments, determine our immediate and longer term hiring needs and develop a recruitment strategy
- Build a pipeline of top talent to fill current and future job openings
- Develop proactive sourcing strategies to engage and nurture a diverse pipeline of passive talent, especially for select senior roles
- Contribute to content development strategies for recruitment-focused marketing, including monitoring and responding to Glassdoor feedback from the candidate community, as well as proactive strategies
- Deliver a fantastic candidate experience - it will be your responsibility to make interviewing at Smile truly rewarding and positive for each and every individual
- Partner with team leaders to deeply understand their objectives and define recruiting strategies to address them, including coaching and advising based on your own experience
- Focus on building an engineering pipeline for the future by creatively connecting with technical talent at schools across Canada
- Train hiring managers on recruitment and hiring processes, including effective interviewing
- Help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy
- Review resumes, cultivate referrals, and pre-screen candidates while moving the interview process forward in a timely manner
- Provide honest, direct feedback to all of the candidates we interview - we pride ourselves on not ghosting anyone, nor giving them the “we’ve chosen someone else” reason for not moving forward
- Engage Smile staff in recruitment support - leveraging excitement and knowledge from team members who can help you share Smile’s message
- Help build a strong employer brand for Smile by being an ambassador and embodying our values in all of your interactions, internally and externally
- Attend job fairs, and other community/recruitment events for candidate generation, exposure and public relations, showcasing Smile as an employer of choice.
What we’re seeking:
- A Senior Talent Acquisition Partner (7+ years of experience) with a stellar track record and deep network within the software/startup communities in Canada and beyond
- Experience identifying and engaging candidates for roles across the organization and at all levels, with a key focus on technical talent (as this will be our biggest growth area)
- Successful experience having built a remote workforce
- Uncompromising focus on helping people find the right opportunities and a passion for building teams that deliver excellence
- Relentless drive to find and personally connect with the best and most diverse talent in Canada and globally
- An analytical thinker who can use data and market insights to refine strategies and iterate for continuous improvement of the recruitment process
- Proven abilities to attract passive senior candidates and build a diverse pipeline
- Someone with a growth mindset who is truly flexible - you’re here to contribute to our growth, and you’ll figure out what you need to do to achieve that
Traits or experience we’d love to see (you don’t need them all to apply!):
- Deep confidence and passion for the key role a top-notch Talent Acquisition Partner can play in building a great company. You know you will contribute to our growth and success, and you know what you need to do it.
- Some experience with technical recruitment
- An eye for detail
- Ambition & sense of urgency - you have goals & you can move fast to achieve them
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for creating awesome experiences and finding people roles they love