Senior Software Developer - Java - Cybersecurity
Please, no agencies
*Do you like working with microservices architecture, containerization, and either Java or C#?
*Do you like pirates, and Arrrrr you interested in writing code that provides intrusion detection?
*Do you want to help Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Cisco defend against cyber attacks?
*Do you want stock? A fat base? And a bonus?
*And finally, do you want to work for really cool managers who cares about clean code?
THEN CHECK. THIS. OUT.
From software hacking to hardware hacking, Praetorian helps secure everything from cryptocurrency exchanges and space telescopes to autonomous vehicles and the electric grid. Today, our client is making significant investments in terms of financial and engineering resources to develop a radically new customer experience we call “Security-as-a-Service” to provide customers with a unified, efficient, and data-driven security platform. We are looking to add the right individual to our growing team supporting the next wave of cybersecurity products and solutions.
As a full stack software engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NSA, Redhat, Sun Microsystems, and US Air Force. As an Inc. Best Places to Work, Inc. 500 | 5000, Cybersecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it.
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Partner with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Be recognized, internally and publicly, for your contributions in a high profile position
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper-growth company that is on the move
- Be part of the initial team designing and building out this product
- Create uncanny amounts of complex code in a short order
- Develop, test, and maintain code throughout the code base
- Provide development effort estimation and story point new features
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported bugs
- BS in computer science or computer engineering
- At least 5 years professional experience in a software engineering position
- Experience with modern technology stacks
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Experience with cloud platforms and SaaS solutions
- Experience with agile/scrum development practices
- Experience with test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Google Compute, Firebase, Docker, and GKE
- Relentless restlessness to solve customer problems throughout the codebase
- Ability to maintain high levels of output and work ethic
- Personable individual who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in an environment where we build the plane as we fly it
- Ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo
- Ability to self-direct work, orient to action, and truly own the position in a hyper-growth environment
- Highly competitive base-salary
- Eligible for performance-based incentive compensation
- Employee stock option plan
- Health insurance
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
- Company contributions to training and conferences