The need for mental health support has never been more acute yet frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW
), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign mental and behavioral health through improved access, utilization, and outcomes. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
About this Role
SonderMind is hiring Senior Back End Software Engineers at the mid and senior level to support our network of clients & providers. As a Back End Engineer, you will be able to make immediate impact on design and implementation decisions with the team. You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform. You will join a motivated team that encourages healthy debate, but ascribe to a “disagree, but commit” attitude once we make a decision.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience in Ruby on Rails and are eager to continue to develop professionally. You work well in an agile environment, and collaborate well with other Software Engineers, Test Automation Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to adapt when needed.
- Within three weeks, independently deploy new code to staging
- Within six weeks, independently promote code from staging to production
- Within 90 days, have a full understanding of system architecture and dev-ops processes. Be well-versed enough to step in as a primary system administrator, if ever necessary
- 3-10 years of experience in architecting, designing and building web applications, with at least three or more in Ruby on Rails
- Substantial experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Relational database experience (SQL)
- Strong data modeling experience from conceptual, logical and physical designs
- Excellent communication skills necessary to collaborate with fellow business and technical team members
- Unit Testing, RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
Nice to Have
- Experience developing in Angular 6
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience deploying applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.