Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great online apps. You'll use your skills to have a real influence on a product used by over 915,000 users from 190 countries. We are looking for an engineer who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- 5+ years experience using Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Lua, Linux, Nginx, Elasticsearch, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Cypress, or Protractor.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Accountable for your actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third party.