Veelo seeks a collaborative, experienced engineer who cares deeply about making a codebase, including building new features and refactoring old ones — shipping software our users love. In this position, you will drive iterative improvement including design refactors and mentoring junior engineers. Analyze and contribute to discussions regarding tradeoffs in hard areas. Help developers track down challenging bugs, investigate performance issues, and learn and improve.
- Build and refactor to achieve high-quality code, great data modeling, and solid test coverage.
- Help prioritize larger scale refactors, break them down into smaller steps, and guide developers in achieving them.
- Perform code reviews of backend code changes for quality.
- Be opinionated about our engineering process and codebase, and help us improve.
- Communicate clearly, kindly, and effectively with all members of the team
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years engineering web software.
- Solid understanding of web frameworks, APIs, ORMs, databases.
- Working knowledge of Python, or ability to get there, fast.
- Excellent refactoring and unit & API testing skills.
- Understanding of application performance and operations. Experience in Python and especially Django preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Django, Celery, and Django Rest Framework on top of Python
- PostgreSQL, Neo4j, and Redshift for data
- Heroku and AWS for operations
- AngularJS moving to React on the frontend
- Small team organization with excellent communication skills
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision.
- Flexible work from office/remote schedule.
- A modern platform of the best open source technologies.
- Competitive compensation.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits and 401K.
- Stock options.