At ReCharge, we're changing the subscription landscape. How? We give over 10,000 online merchants the power to truly engage their customers through dynamic recurring billing across web and mobile - all guided by our mission - making repeat orders easier for everyone. We're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week and used by millions of subscribers every month. Our mission began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
Our Saas platform is used by millions of people every month and our Platform Services team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to collaborate on a critical part of the platform. You'll use your exceptional back end coding skills to build services for our feature teams who help our store owners bring valuable features to market for their customers.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 6-12 years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, Nodejs, Ruby
- Proficient with Python, Flask, Jinja (or liquid) and collaborative tools like Git
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Strong computer science fundamentals - data structures and algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired