Shinola is seeking a Senior Software
Engineer with a particular knack for creating successful E-commerce
experiences. We are looking for someone who can join our
development team, hit the ground running, and augment our talented
staff with their impressive full stack development abilities. This
is a remote position.
- Coordinate and manage software changes through Git version
control, using Git Flow branching model.
- Integrate responsive and mobile technologies with a focus on
- Assist in a consultative role with other business units,
including accounting, customer service, marketing, and
- Manage and build frontend libraries and assets using Gulp and
- At least 6 years professional
experience in web development.
- Knowledge of
E-commerce related services, including shipping APIs, payment
gateways, analytics/reporting systems, etc.
framework experience with a focus on AngularJS, jQuery, and
- Experience integrating responsive and mobile technologies with
a focus on frontend performance.
- Ability to transform graphical comps and theme/integrate into
CMS layouts and pages, creating reusable components to improve
- Previous projects involved integration with backend systems and
- Communicates openly and effectively, both verbally and
electronically, asking questions and giving input where
- Experience with implementing custom sites using Magento
Community or Magento Enterprise
- Knowledge of PHP-based frameworks, including Laravel, Zend,
Symfony, CakePHP, and/or CodeIgniter.
- Experience with Atlassian services, including JIRA, Confluence,
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing
- Management and implementation of LAMP stacks.
- Multi-server hosting environment experience, including
networking, security, tuning, caching, and scaling.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience, including Photoshop,
Illustrator, and/or Fireworks.
- Prior experience in startup environment.
Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, disability, or veteran status. I you need assistance
on an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request.