Since we are a distributed team we are open to the Rackspace location of your choice, including the option to work from home. Rackspace office locations include San Antonio or Austin, TX and Blacksburg, VA.
Rackspace is seeking talented developers to help build our Managed GCP business. You will work on a small team working to continuously grow this new business, so we're looking for developers who ship early and often while maintaining healthy engineering discipline. You will write automated tests for everything you build, and we deploy to production several times daily. Because we're distributed, we're remote-friendly -- we collaborate with Slack, Screenhero, and video conferences.
We use React, Redux, and ES6 in our customer-facing web application along with Node for several API services that power specific features. We choose technologies that let us deliver quickly with high quality, and focus on our product's value.
- Write clean, maintainable code using engineering best practices
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and user experience designers on a daily basis to identify the right technical solutions that achieve product goals
- Deliver product features for our UI and APIs
- Continuously broaden and deepen your skill set to solve new technical challenges
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members to provide technical direction
- Provide Fanatical Support for our production system by fixing bugs and triaging alerts
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years practical experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Building and consuming HTTP APIs in a service-oriented architecture
- Operating cloud applications in production (handling deployment, monitoring, logging)
- Demonstrated passion for independent learning
- Experience working in a team that practices continuous delivery
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills