100% Remote - (United States and Canada) | 100% Employee Owned
Software is broken, and we're working hard to fix it. While the goal may seem audacious, it’s what drives us. We believe that the current state of software development is not good enough and we’re looking for others to help join our cause and improve the lives of software developers, business owners, and users who are saddled with hard-to-maintain code, cost overruns, and buggy apps.
Developers at Test Double are primarily focused on writing high quality software to solve our customer’s problems. Focus should be paid towards implementing solutions that are well-tested, easily maintained, and built with empathy for its users' needs. Many of our engagements allow us to work alongside our clients' development staff as well. Building software in close collaboration with our clients' people gives us the opportunity to learn from one another as we share our knowledge and experience as a broader team.
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement are among our core values
, so we encourage our people to share what they're learning with others. We're proud to support our Double Agents when they speak at meetups & conferences, blog, screencast, contribute to open source, and organize in their local software community. These activities are one way we can have an impact on the world beyond our day-to-day client service, so our team members support one another with encouragement, mentorship, and feedback.
Test Double is still a small and adaptable agency so we are actively enlisting the help of all of our developers to guide and improve our business. Those opportunities may entail participating in our candidate evaluation process, improving our candidate outreach, helping with account management and sales, or even improving upon our ability to keep other employees engaged and fulfilled within their careers. The potential impact you can have on growing and improving Test Double is limitless.
Our mission is to improve the way the world builds software, and central to our success is focusing on people first. We want all of our Double Agents to feel happy, heathy, and supported, and believe work-life balance is paramount to achieving this goal. We provide ample opportunities for our developers to feel engaged and supported in their remote environment, including employee resource groups centered around interpersonal growth, weekly team hangouts to learn a new skill, coffee chats to meet a new member on the team, and much more.
Are expected to:
- Create high-quality Ruby-based software that meets the needs of its users
- Automate tests to the extent necessary to maintain systems that are easy to understand and change
- Share experience and knowledge with client developers so that they are well-positioned to succeed, even long after we're gone
- Quickly and efficiently learn our client’s business domain, existing systems, and strategy
- Learn new frameworks, technologies, languages, and techniques so that you are able to adapt to the changing needs of our clients
- Identify technology, process, and communication issues facing our clients and propose ideas to help them improve
- Communicate openly and honestly with everyone, even when we know the news will not be positively received
- Leverage slack time for personal career growth
Are encouraged to:
- Share with the broader community (e.g. speaking, blogging, mentoring, organizing events)
- Assist in the outreach programs aimed at bringing in more Double Agents
- Contribute to the candidate evaluation process
- Collaborate with other agents on internal processes and initiatives to help the company accomplish its mission
- Contribute to open-source software projects
- 5 weeks paid time off (vacation and sick time)
- 10 paid holidays
- Up to 15 weeks parental leave (8 weeks at 100% of salary)
- 1 week of conference attendance (and up to $3,000 of expense)
- ESOP Employee stock ownership program - Test Double is 100% employee owned
- New computer hardware purchase every 3 years
- Co-working space reimbursment (1/2 rent upto $500 monthly)
- 2 week Sabbatical leave after 5th year
US-based agents receive:
- Health Insurance via United Healthcare (we pay 75% of premiums)
- Dental Insurance via Delta Dental (we pay 50% of premiums)
- Vision Insurance via VSP (we pay 50% of premiums)
- 401(k) via Vanguard (we contribute 3% of your salary)
- Short and Long Term Disability via Mutual of Omaha (we pay 100% of premiums)
Canadian agents receive:
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement contribution match up to 3% of employee's salary