We are looking for the right Ruby on Rails developer (Angular is a bonus) to join our team.
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails.
It is used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.
Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Lead Generation Agencies.
QuickMail was started in 2014. We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly driven co-workers.
About the role:
This year, we have many exciting technology projects. If you love working with Ruby On Rails, modern frontends like Angular, and participating in the success of a company, this job may be for you.
Our current stack:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 6.1, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 4
- Frontend: Angular 9 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL & Apollo
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities:
- In the first weeks, to familiarize you with our code, you'll be making some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions and will be increasing our code coverage by writing RSpec unit tests.
- Suggest improvements in code you are unit-testing and promote good practices.
- Then, you'll move toward building smaller scope features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will have the possibility to make a big impact on the product by driving initiatives to support the business.
The role will evolve into more complex responsibilities based on your ability to write good, clean, and maintainable code as well as communicate & interact with the team.
What you bring:
- A truly deep love for your craft as a developer, a pragmatic approach to development, a positive attitude, and a high dose of self-motivation/self-direction.
- Great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven understanding and concrete experience with Rails (personal and/or professional)
- Demonstrating that you actually read the job spec before applying by entering koala when asked what is your favorite animal.
- Experience with Angular & RxJS a big plus but not a show stopper.
- Good command of Git (pull request, merge, rebase…)
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere you want, we are a remote-first company. Save a couple of thousand dollars a year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year.
- Solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, review apps, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity & retrospectives.
- You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving. Think Netflix culture.
- A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side too and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management.
- Unlimited vacation & 1 team retreat per year in Japan for work and fun (disrupted by Covid at the moment, unfortunately :( ).
- We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).
If this sounds like a good fit, let's get in touch!