If you are passionate about developing Python code, we are looking for a Python developer to join our cross-functional team.
We are passionate about development and enjoy clean code, continuous deployments and regular integration.
We believe that automation and tooling play a critical role in software development.
We build the core of Ebury products, services and API, all developed in Python / Django.
We work with an Agile methodology, doing iterations of two weeks and delivery features using a release train process that happens every week.
Here at Ebury, we have a flat structure. This means teams join various different steps of the production process in a proactive way all while being in permanent contact with teammates. Our ideal candidate needs strong teamwork skills and needs to be hungry to leave their mark in this sector.
- You love clean code. You understand that writing beautiful and readable code is the key to building a great product, and you are able to follow industry best practices.
- You understand the importance of receiving feedback. You use code reviews to improve yourself and to share your expertise with other members of the team.
- You enjoy building and developing new features as much as bug fixing.
- You are self-organised and can work autonomously.
- You have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning about new technologies and systems.
- You enjoy working in a team. You are used to working with multidisciplinary teams with other profiles and are able to learn and share your knowledge with them.
- Design, build and maintain code and systems across Ebury’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work in Python, however, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You will contribute to evolving legacy code on our brand-new back-end stack.
- All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience using Python
- Solid experience in unit testing patterns
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Nice to have
- Some exposure to a frontend programming language
- Experience with web frameworks like Django / Flask
Why work with us
- This is a great professional opportunity to develop your career in an international company and in a continuously innovative environment
- We offer competitive conditions as well as the possibility to keep growing thanks to continuous reviews and a clear career path
- We have an internal blog to share technical knowledge. Read more about Ebury Labs.