Who should apply?
You are a Senior Designer at a fast-growing startup, who’s primarily driven by solving problems for customers. You believe design is a culture and a set of repeatable processes, not just one-off design assets. You’re well versed in UX design, UI design, and user research and enjoy thinking cross-functionally about design. You’re excited by the challenge of crafting a visual language for Dataquest that spans the entire customer journey (from the marketing site to our email sequences). You’ve previous helped build and improve design processes across multiple teams, like user research.
- You have at least 5 years of overall design experience, ideally multiple years working on a consumer facing product
- You’re intimately familiar with HTML / CSS
- You’re intimately familiar with wireframing tools like Balsamiq and interface design tools like Figma.
- Comfort in both stakeholder meetings and user research sessions
- You’re familiar with no-code and low-code tools for prototyping
- Experience working in a remote, async team
- Experience thinking cross-functionally about design (primarily UX, UI, and user research)
- You are intimately familiar with using qualitative data for inspiration but using quantitative data for validation
Nice to Haves:
- Built a design culture from scratch in a previous startup
- You have acted as a Design Lead in previous roles
- You’re intimately familiar with no-code and low-code solutions for validation
- You have experience working in online learning / education
Why you want to work for us!
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Free Dataquest account for life
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- 100% remote with flexible working hours
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible