We are a profitable software company that makes SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide.
One of them is Form Publisher lets you generate documents from Google Docs templates and Google Forms answers, that get directly stored and sent and shared in Google Drive to the people you want.
It is one of the very top Google Marketplace add-on
. Thousands of organisations and millions of people use it to automate tedious business processes, such as generating purchase requests, invoices, quotes, certificates, and much more.
The other two are Yet Another Mail Merge and Awesome Table.
Our product values are: customer delight, simplicity and empowerment. As such, Form Publisher is ready for a solid UI and UX revamp.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US, Philippines, UK, Ireland), remote-first, highly motivated and competent.
There are already two very strong product designers in the team, working on our other products. You will work in collaboration with them. In terms of tooling, we use Figma, and it has revolutionized the design workflow.
We are profitable and growing quickly, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights.
Do you want to redesign a product that is used by millions of people around the world in order to make it simpler and more flexible? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Designer to join our fast growing team! As you will notice, our UI and UX need a lot of work. So far we’ve made do with open-source frameworks and freelance work here and there. We are now at a stage where we have comfortable product/market fit and are ready to invest in design in order to give our customers the product experience they deserve. We want to put design back where it belongs: first.
Working as the first Product Designer on Form Publisher is a unique opportunity. We have a small team, so you won’t be one of dozens and your impact will be felt inside and outside the company. You’ll be working on a product that is used by millions of people. You will help drive us in new directions. You’ll help us see things we haven’t seen before, consider things we’ve never considered before, and bring fresh perspective to our team. Brighten us up and put a big smile on our customers’ faces.
The Senior Product Designer will report to the Head of Product and work closely with the Engineering, Technical Writing and Support teams.
- Define, shape and execute the future user experience and interface of Form Publisher to make it as simple and user-friendly as possible
- Put design at the forefront of how we ship software
- Work with the product manager and engineers to create workable specifications and designs
- Seek and understand customer requirements and pains
- Make the Form Publisher brand shine, and that means taking care of marketing assets (logos, banners, website design, etc)
- You have great visual taste and skills
- You have successfully revamped a product interface from scratch before, and you’d like to do it again with us. You understand the constraints that come with such a project
- You design for users and customers, not to impress other designers. You thus understand that fancy skyscrapers made of glass and steel are an abomination.
- You ask questions to get to the bottom of why something should happen and thus how to best make it happen
- You start with constraints, functions and processes, not from a wireframe
- You think in terms of dynamics and what happens through time, not snapshots
- You understand that copywriting and naming things are crucial parts of an interface, and you are a great writer
- You are fascinated by spreadsheets
- A great communicator, excelling at both verbal and written communications
- Experience: 8+ years of experience as a product designer in software, preferably a SaaS with at least many users.
- Design tools: proficiency with Figma is preferred. At ease with email and spreadsheets.
- Language: fluent English, French or Russian is a plus
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
- Project management: you are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Form Publisher
- Tell us what you bring to the table, not just why you think we’re great fit for you
- Give us an example of products that you think are particularly well designed. Who’s doing an outstanding job out there and why?
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do.
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a “design test”. You’ll then move on to an interview with the Lead Engineer, then one with the two other Product Designers, and finally, one with the CEO and CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Form Publisher is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.