VISARIGHT is a Germany-based startup with a clear mission: Make obtaining a visa to Germany fast, effortless and affordable. In order to achieve just that, we employ the latest developments in the field of Legal Tech combined with the expertise of Germany's best migration law specialists.
An ideal candidate should have expert level engineering experience across a range of tools and technologies in Node.js ecosystem.
Our tech stack:
- Database management systems: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis;
- Front-end: React, GraphQL Apollo;
- Back-end: Node.js, Typescript, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Serverless;
- Tools: Git / Github.
- Technically design, implement and support backend for web based SaaS LegalTech application
- Heavy involvement in engineering decisions making process: design software architecture, development and operation processes, tools and practices
- Initial steps: implement crucial parts of backend and helm team eliminate technical debt
- Spoken and written English (at least at intermediate level);
- 3+ recent years of Node.js/Typescript backend development
- 6+ years of software development overall
- Expert level engineering experience across a range of tools and technologies in Node.js ecosystem like, but not limited to: Node.js platform specifics, web technologies (REST, GraphQL), RDBMS (PostgreSQL), ORMs (TypeORM)
- Significant experience working with modern clouds, specifically AWS. Understanding, selection, pros/cons, pricing/volume models and use cases of different AWS products
- Wide area of knowledge in modern tools and technologies, ability to idiomatically select databases, data storages, data integration/ETL/processing technologies, etc
- Experience with modern development tools, services and processes like Git, GitHub, CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions), DevOps (Terraform), DevSecOps, SDLC overall etc.
- Experience working with Linux command-line
- Ability to work with limited information, self-motivation, passion for development problem solving and continuous improvement of processes
- (Nice to have) Hands-on engineering experience in frontend web stack like ReactJS, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Readiness to perform test tasks during the hiring process
Personal traits we value
- Proactive stand-point, willingness to suggest improvements and openness to feedback
- Attention to details
- Being keen to work with people rather than with just tickets
- Enthusiasm for a dynamic startup environment
- Flexibility to a fast-changing path based on the customers' needs & feedback
- Compelling and attractive salary
- A spot in our smart, creative, and highly motivated international team
- Official employment in a German company, opportunity to work on an international project
- Participation in scaling a great product into global reach with extremely fast growth
- Opportunity Knocks. Often.
- Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it's horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to follow
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on global immigration market
How we work
- VISARIGHT is an international team working in Magdeburg (DE) and remotely.
- We care more about the things you do rather than your set working hours. Most of us work Monday - Friday from 9 UTC to 18 UTC, and ideally, you’ll overlap at least 5 hours with that. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect, and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, education, and races. We believe that diversifying our team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that truly reflects our communities.